Hamel has written 20 articles for the Harvard Business Review and is the most reprinted author in the Review’s history. His landmark books have been translated into more than 25 languages. His most recent bestsellers are Humanocracy and The Future of Management. In these volumes, Hamel presents an impassioned plea for reinventing management and lays out a practical blueprint for building organizations that are “fit for the future.”
Fortune magazine describes Hamel as “the world’s leading expert on business strategy,” and the Financial Times calls him a “management innovator without peer.” Hamel has been ranked by The Wall Street Journal as the world’s most influential business thinker and is a fellow of the Strategic Management Society and of the World Economic Forum.
Hamel’s groundbreaking concepts such as “strategic intent,” “core competence,” “industry revolution,” and “management innovation,” have changed the language and practice of management in organizations around the globe.
Hamel’s work inside of organizations has been equally pioneering. Highlights include:
- Building one of the world’s first “idea markets” inside a global energy leader.
- Using crowdsourcing to help a European high tech company build a game-changing strategy.
- Orchestrating a comprehensive effort to turn a venerable durable goods manufacturer into one of the world’s most innovative companies.
- Helping a leading Korean company re-engineer its management practices around the principles of openness, community and meritocracy.
- Designing and deploying an online platform that allowed the employees of a top fashion house to share and develop ideas for strengthening their company’s core values.
- Developing innovation tools and platforms that have helped companies around the world de-commoditize mature industries and accelerate growth.
- Running an online “hackathon” in which more than 1,700 senior executives collaborated to reinvent the HR function.
- In his work, Hamel has led transformational efforts in some of the world’s most notable companies and has helped to create billions of dollars in shareholder value.
Hamel is one of the world’s most sought-after management speakers on the topics of strategy, leadership, innovation and change.